A History of Serving
The Roseburg Senior Center has been a vital part of our community for over 50 years. We operate a welcoming place in Roseburg for seniors to gather to enjoy healthy meals, music, games, artistic creativity, classes and special events. Activities are open to anyone 50 years and older, and we encourage each participant to join us for a nominal $12/year membership. We currently have over 800 members.
Governed by a locally elected, volunteer board of directors, the Roseburg Senior Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. We do not receive any government funding for its programs and operations, depending instead upon generous donations, grants, and fundraisers as well as nominal activity, meal and membership fees. To check out our activities, visit www.roseburgseniorcenter.org.
To promote respect, dignity, health and well being by enhancing quality of life, strengthening networks and recognizing individual desires to remain active, productive and independent.
We are committed to providing services, information, education and recreation for seniors in Douglas County.
We envision a caring and healthy community recognizing the wisdom and experience of the seniors.
What We've Achieved
- Over 50 years of service to area seniors
- Remodel of current location to meet requirements for commercial kitchen
- Developed computer lab and classes
- Provision of meeting space for other groups
- Feed the Homeless days
- Contributions to Casa de Belen and Camp Millennium
- Support of Sea Cadets
- Partnership with NeighborWorks Umpqua and SERVICE to improve the south Roseburg area
- Connection of volunteers with community partners
- Rental space for senior-based businesses
- Free shots clinics and hearing tests